Effective Date: March 23, 2020
We are committed to being your most trusted ally in your pursuit of health and well-being. Whether you’re here to learn more about a health condition, research a medication or product, tap into one of our communities, or get tips for a healthier lifestyle, you’re in the right place.
By visiting and interacting with our Services, you may share certain information with us, as detailed below. We may share some of the information you provide to us between our websites and apps to provide you with the most relevant content and may use some of the information you share with us to serve you relevant advertising. (For further details on our advertising and sponsorship policy, click here).
- The types of information collected by COVID-19 World and its partners through the Services and the purposes for which we use it.
- How COVID-19 World collects, stores, and shares your information.
- Your rights with respect to such information collection.
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
We receive information from or about you depending on the nature of your interaction with our Services.
Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information in several ways, including:
● Registering/signing up in the Services and using our Products. Your name, email address, physical address, birth date, gender, zip/city, marital status, other location information (when using specific products that are not available in all geographies), and health information (diagnosis, when you were diagnosed, what medications you’re taking, or what type of care you’re looking for). We also may collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account or that you provide when using a product, such as scheduling medical care. Accounts can be used for easy checkout, save your preferences, select areas of interest, and transaction history. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to provide account related functionalities to our users.
● Information you post on the Services. When available on the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you when you provide or post information to our Services, including your username, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures, and references to your online presence. We may use this information for our purposes and/or make this information available to others as you request.
● Information you provide about others. Sometimes, you may provide information about others; for example, to refer a friend for a newsletter. We may use this information to make our Services available to the people you refer.
● Feedback/support. If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we may collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, to reply. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to receive and act upon your feedback or issues.
● Mailing list. If you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address and/or postal address. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to share information about our products or services.
● Lead Forms and Order Placement. We collect information when you use our lead and order forms on our Services. This may include your name, email, phone number, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (e.g., credit card number). In addition, these forms may ask for information specific to your request, such as car make and model for auto insurance, military service for secondary education, or other information requested by one of our business clients. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we use your information to perform activities associated with a contract to provide you with products or services.
● Partner promotion. We collect information that you may choose to provide as part of a promotion with another company. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to fulfill our promotions.
● Sweepstakes or contests. When you choose to participate in a sweepstakes or contest, we collect information about you, which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to operate the contest or sweepstakes. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter our sweepstakes, and we have a business interest in complying with those laws.
● Apps: The Apps in our Services may request to send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. The Apps may also ask for your permission to access your camera and your photos. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, or if you’ve initially agreed for the application to access your camera and photos and you would like to stop the Apps from accessing them, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
● Employment-related data (directly from you). When you choose to apply for employment with COVID-19 World, a Health Consultant Company, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your resume or CV, Social Security Number, and other information you provide during the application and recruitment process. The purpose of collection is to help us match you to open positions, facilitate the recruiting process, and perform our contract of employment or the anticipation of employment with you.
Information we collect about you
When you use our Services, we may automatically collect information, when:
● E-mail interconnectivity. If you receive email from us, we may use tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to understand how you interact with our communications to you and honoring your requests based on our communications, such as to unsubscribe.
● Mobile devices (such as phones, tablets, and other digital media streaming devices).We may collect information from your Mobile Device, such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting one of our Services. The purposes of collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their devices.
● Website interactions. We use technology to discover how you interact with our website (e.g., session replay). This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser. The purposes of collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a business need to secure our Services and detect and prevent fraud.
● Location data. When you use certain of our Services, we may solicit your permission to collect your location data. Some features within our Services (such as location-based offers, such as a nearby medical office or pharmacy) may only function upon confirmation of your location, and therefore such features will not be available if you choose not to provide your location data. The specificity of the location data may depend on several factors, including the device you are using and how you are connected to the Internet. If you enable location services for our Services, we may collect location data periodically as you use or leave open our Services. Depending on the platform you use to access our Applications (e.g., Apple’s iOS, Google’s Android) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from with the controls on your device.
● Cross-device tracking. We and our service providers may collect and store information about users’ interactions with unaffiliated websites and applications that use our technologies, including cookies and similar tracking technologies. This allows us to infer the presence of a common user or household behind multiple devices or browsers, for instance, and then link those browsers and devices into a device graph. The purposes for collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to understand our users’ use of our sites across devices in order to allow users to use our services on one device and pick up seamlessly where they left off on another device. We also have a business need to provide personalized advertising on each device that is inferred from the browsing patterns on all of the devices.
● Data analytics. We use certain web analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our Services. We may collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on both an individual and aggregated basis. These analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, also use this information to place advertisements for our products on other websites that you visit after your use of the Site. These advertisements may be based on actions such as the pages you visited and actions you take during your use of the Site.
Information we receive from other sources
● Client information. We may collect contact information such as name, e-mail, address and/or phone number of our business clients and their employees with whom we may interact. The purposes for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to make our website operate efficiently and to provide our business clients with ability to save preferences such as login and preferred language.
● Financial information. We may collect information from credit reporting services when you use certain of our Services. We use the information as needed in the course of providing services you request, ongoing customer relationships, to service an account, and as permitted by state and federal law.
● Demographic information. Personal Information such as your age, gender, family size, and/or educational level. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to customize content, advertising and learn about our audiences.
● Activity and usage information. Including information about your interests, purchase behavior, and other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on, used to customize content and advertising.
● Publicly observed data. Such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings used to customize content and advertising.
● Social media platforms and other third-party services. Some of our Services may include features that are designed to interact with social media platforms and other third-party services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and loyalty programs). If you access the Services using one of these social media platforms or provide us access to third-party services, we may receive information about you from those third parties such as account and profile data and we may combine this data with information we already have about you. For more information on the use of social platforms, please refer to the Social Features section below.
● Employment-related data. When you choose to apply for employment with COVID-19 World, a Red Ventures Company, including information from a recruitment agency. The purpose of collection is to help us match you to open positions and facilitate the recruiting process.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
● To identify you when you engage with us and our Websites, Services, and Products.
● To provide content and product recommendations based on your interactions and interests.
● To make our Services available to you and to complete orders placed in our Services and with our Partners.
● To process transactions associated with your use of Services for which there is a charge, including to process payments and verify your identity or payment information for your security and protection.
● To communicate with you (e.g., about your account or updates to our terms) and to respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
● To deliver marketing and promotional materials related to our Services in accordance with applicable laws, including information relating to our products, services, sales, marketing research or promotions.
● To provide you with personalized advertising on our Services based on your online activity. We use the information we have to improve our advertising systems so we can show you relevant interest-based advertising, measure the effectiveness and reach of advertisements and services, verify delivery and track performance of an advertising campaign, and ensure that an ad is only delivered when a real person is visiting the site and that the same users don’t see the same ads too frequently. You may update your preferences regarding personalized advertising by visiting the Cookie Settings link in the footer of each site to manage your settings.
● To verify your entry into and eligibility to participate in contests, giveaways, or sweepstakes and inform you if you’ve won. If your entry information will be used for any other purposes, we will disclose that in the applicable rules governing that contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes.
● To monitor, improve, and conduct analytics on our Services and advertiser product offerings.
● For internal administrative purposes, such as safety and security of our Services, and to manage our relationships.
● To permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds and to implement Social Features you choose to use.
● The Apps in our Services may request to send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. The Apps may also ask for your permission to access your camera and your photos. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, or if you’ve initially agreed for the application to access your camera and photos and you would like to stop the Apps from accessing them, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
● To detect security incidents, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
● To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible misconduct.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose(s) in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose.
For example, if you complete an online purchase, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a business need in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate business reasons.
How and When Do We Share Or Disclose Your Information?
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following situations:
● Our business clients. When we collect information on behalf of our business clients, we share that information with those clients.
● To enhance our Services. We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities such as ad technology providers, authentication services, email service providers, data analyzers, and business intelligence providers for the purpose of enhancing our products and services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
● Audience measurement services. We may share your Personal Information with audience measurement companies like Comscore and Nielsen that help us and other websites measure and understand the audiences that view our content.
● Video viewing behavior. Consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytics partners, and social media sites.
● Aggregated and anonymous information. We may share aggregated, anonymous information with any third party. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person.
● Advertising. We may share certain data with Advertising platforms, such as Google and Social Networks such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Snapchat to allow us to target existing users and customers with highly relevant advertising campaigns. For the purposes of such campaigns. We may share a unique code (such as a hashed email address) with the applicable Advertising platform in order for that identifier to be matched against existing users of the relevant Advertising Platform and to identify potentially relevant audiences for targeted advertising. We use services such as Google Ads’ Customer Match, LinkedIn Matched Audiences, ID5, LiveRamp, and Facebook Custom Audiences for these purposes.
● Public. Some of our Services may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on our Services, that information may be publicly available
● Other disclosures without your consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
If you use Social Features on our Services or access our Services from Social Features, both COVID-19 World and the social media services that operate those Social Features may have access to certain information about you and your use of both our site and theirs. If you are a member of a social media site and logged in, the interfaces configured on our Services may allow the social media site to connect your site visit and browsing behavior to the personal data held on your social media site. We may use this information on an aggregate basis to place ads that are based on your interests on these social media sites. These practices are governed by the privacy statements of these social networking sites and you are advised to review these separately.
In addition, we may request your permission to a) access and collect information available from your social networking account; and b) post information to your friends on your behalf. When you connect your social networking service with your Red Ventures account, you authorize us to access certain information about you from your social networking service to provide content and services, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the Services. The information we may access from your social networking services is governed by the privacy policies and settings of those third-party services.
The information collected and stored by the social media sites remains subject to those sites’ privacy practices, including whether they continue to share information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices with regard to what is visible to others on those third-party websites or services.
How Long Do We Retain Data?
We keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us.
When the purposes for which we processed your Personal Information have concluded, we will either permanently delete or destroy the relevant Personal Information or anonymize it, in a manner that ensures individuals are no longer identifiable.
Your Rights and Choice
You can make the following choices here regarding your Personal Information:
● Access to your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information that we collect on our own behalf. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the Personal Information that we have about you.
● Changes to your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Website or App does not permit you to update or correct certain information, then contact us at the address described below. If we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of one of our clients, we will respond that we are operating as a Service Provider and are unable to act on your request.
● Deletion of your Personal Information. When we collect information on our own behalf, we typically retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in some situations we must keep your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes. If we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of one of our clients, we will respond that we are operating as a Service Provider and are unable to act on your request.
● Objection to certain processing. When we process information, you may object to our use of your Personal Information by contacting us at the address described below. For example, California residents may be entitled to object, or opt-out, of having their information sold to third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to opt-out of having your information sold, then please visit the following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this Policy.
● Revocation of consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personal Information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
Note that, as required by law, in order to process your request, we will require you to prove your identity. Depending on your request, we will require, at minimum, you to provide your name, phone number, and email address. We may require additional information to verify your identity dependent upon the sensitivity of the personal information related to your request.
If you do not want to make requests for access, deletion, or Do-Not-Sell using our online form, you may call +919534276245. To get in touch with us about any other privacy requests, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
COVID-19 World, Attn: Privacy Officer, 660 McQueen Smith Rd N, Prattville, Albama 36066
You can also make the following choices regarding communications preferences:
● Promotional emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to deliver newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
● Promotional mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, address, and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
● Text messages and push notifications. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP” or “UNSUBSCRIBE.” You control on your device whether you receive push notifications.
● Online tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your Personal Information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our Services permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password or device, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
● Transmission of information to other countries. As a multinational company, we may transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result, your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. We take steps to treat personal information using the laws of the country in which we first received your information.
For certain jurisdictions your Personal Information may be subject to the laws of the country to which it is transferred, and if permitted by law, may be accessible without notice to you by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that country. By using and participating in any of our Services or providing us with your information, you acknowledge the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
● Collection of information from children. We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children, and our website and services are directed towards a general audience and are not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13 or minors otherwise defined in local law or regulation without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that someone under 13 has provided personal information through one of our websites, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our databases. Any information provided on behalf of a minor child will be treated as Personal Information as otherwise provided herein.
Address: COVID-19 World, 660 McQueen Smith Rd N, Prattville AL 36066
Telephone Number: (+91) 9534276245
Email address: email@example.com
Our legal basis for processing
Our legal basis for processing your personal information will typically be one of the following:
- Consent. You have actively consented for us to process data by completing a form on the site, or have indicated your consent with another affirmative act.
- Legitimate interests. We have a Legitimate Interest in processing your personal data, and our reasons for it do not override your data protection rights. Our Legitimate Interests in processing your personal information are:
- To ensure our Services meet the high standard of usability and security you would expect;
- To help us identify areas for improvement;
- To enable us to communicate effectively regarding our Services; and
- To enable us to process candidate applications, contacts, queries, or complaints.
- Legal obligation. It is necessary for us to process your personal information for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- Contractual obligation. It is necessary for us to process your personal information to perform the tasks associated with a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract.
Your data rights
In addition to your rights of access and correction (rectification) described in “Your Rights” (above), EEA and UK residents have certain other rights defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. We will handle your request in accordance with the law. This means there may be legal reasons why we cannot fulfill all requests.
- Consent withdrawal. You have the right to withdraw your consent in relation to our processing of your personal information based on your consent.
- You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time using our email preferences page, or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link.
- If located in the United Kingdom or European Union, you can opt out of EDAA members online advertising networks and behavioral advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA)’s consumer opt-out page here (http://youronlinechoices.eu/).
- Erasure. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Restriction of processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Object to processing. You have the right to object to the use or disclosures of your personal information.
- Data portability. You have the right to request we transmit your personal information to you or another company in certain circumstances.
We process all requests in accordance with the law, and there may be legal reasons why we cannot fulfill all requests. To exercise these rights, please use our online form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
COVID-19 World follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, COVID-19 World uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that COVID-19 World has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
COVID-19 World does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.